Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Anticipation

As much as I try not to,
As I wake or sleep,
My thoughts seem to turn to you.

You are seeing someone,
Yet continue to talk to me,
Perhaps to be nice,
But every time I see you,
Talk to you,
converse with you,
My feelings run high,
My thoughts begin to sputter,
Images of possibilities,
Run through the far corners of my mind.

Am I crazy?
Is this all in my mind,
Only in my mind?

Perhaps.

I think of all the walks we could take,
All the love letters I would write,
And of all the meals we could share.

Yet all these are held back,
Held in wait,
Until finally you utter that word,
Yes.

Yes,
I will go out with you.
Yes,
I see something more in you.
Yes,
I want to see what possibilities are there.
Yes,
I see potential in you,
Like you see in me.

My emotions rise,
I feel euphoric.

I know I shouldn't follow these feelings,
I know they cannot be answered right now,
But I sit in them smiling,
Smiling as I think thoughts of you.

I feel,
I cannot help it.

So, I'll respect your space,
respect your boundaries,
But I will lie here in wait,
Hoping you reciprocate my affections,
Hoping this someone you are seeing,
Is merely a farce until you search your feelings,
Or someone who makes a mistake,
And doesn't see the person you are inside.

But I see you,
I see your soul,
As you attend to others,
With your kind eyes and generous heart.

But the question isn't if I see you,
But if you see me,
If you will break these bonds one day,
And these feelings can be reciprocated,
Be set free,
And these thoughts made reality.

Until then,
I will keep things friendly,
But behind those conversations,
I hope you know possibilities sit and wait,
Wait in Anticipation.

~ Doubledb

No comments:

Post a Comment